The BBC has revealed the full cast of The Bells of Saint John – and in a moment which has the hallmarks of ham-fisted bun vendory whichever way you look at it, an additional name has found its way into the list, intentionally or otherwise.
As this has been published on the BBC’s own website and since removed, it’s difficult to judge accurately. However, we’re going to keep it under wraps for those of you of a spoilerphobic nature, so you’ll have to blatantly click the button below to spot the “rogue name”.
- The Doctor – Matt Smith
- Clara – Jenna-Louise Coleman
- Miss Kizlet – Celia Imrie
- Mahler – Robert Whitlock
- Alexei- Dan Li
- Nabile – Manpreet Bachu
- Paul – Sean Knopp
- The Abbott – James Greene
- George – Geff Francis
- Angie – Eve de Leon Allen
- Artie Kassius – Carey Johnson
- Little Girl – Danielle Eames
- Barista – Fred Pearson
- Waitress – Jade Anouka
- Newsreader – Olivia Hill
- Child Reading with Comic – Isabella Blake-Thomas
- Man with Chips – Matthew Earley
- Pilot – Antony Edridge
- The Great Intelligence – Richard E Grant
Clearly this could be a mistake as Doctor Simeon was seen quite dead at the end of The Snowmen. Similarly, The Great Intelligence was voiced by Sir Ian McKellen for most of that episode. On the other hand, having Richard E. Grant enjoy a role as a recurring villain in Doctor Who is utter genius.
Please be aware that the comments for this article may also include spoilers!
(Thanks to Turquoise Tarquin)