Doctor Who News John Barrowman, Captain Jack Harkness himself.

Published on January 2nd, 2013 | by Andrew Reynolds

Will Barrowman Be Disappointed for the 50th?

When John Barrowman quashed rumours that scheduling conflicts would leave any potential appearance in the fiftieth anniversary celebrations out of the question, he wasn’t kidding.

John Barrowman, Captain Jack Harkness himself.

In fact, he had already sought permission from the producers of the hit CW show Arrow to take a leave of absence should the call finally come in.

Speaking to The Sun’s TV Biz, Barrowman who has been the most vocal and unguarded of all the potential returnees, confirmed that his current role as Malcolm Merlyn aka The Well-Dressed Man aka (and a potential spoiler alert) the Green Arrows arch nemesis The Dark Archer, wouldn’t prevent him from donning the military jacket of Captain Jack once again:

Andrew Kreisberg (creator of Arrow) has already said if they want me in the 50th anniversary, he will give me the time off to do it. But it’s not up to me… I haven’t been asked. I would love to if they ask me.

Barrowman also went on to say that he’d be ‘disappointed’ if he wasn’t asked to take part.

Would you too be disappointed if John Barrowman wasn’t invited to the party?

Will big Jack be back for Doctor Who anniversary? | The Sun |Showbiz|TV.

http://www.kasterborous.com/2012/10/john-barrowman-on-doctor-whos-50th-anniversary/ (rumour quashing quote)

Tags: , , , , ,

8 Responses to Will Barrowman Be Disappointed for the 50th?

1. Drew says:

I’ll be disappointed! We need Jack back! Can you imagine the fireworks between he and Oswin?!

2. Al says:

Please NO! I’ve enjoyed his appearances so far but it annoys me how often 2005 Doctor assistants etc appear. And seeing as Jack was in the double episode along with every other 2005 assistant only a couple of years ago I think it would be silly. Same goes for Rose. I’d much rather see a bunch of the classic series’ characters being drawn back into the Doctor’s world.

3. Mary says:

If Jack doesn’t come back I will cry and throw things! He is kick a**! He WILL come back. I demand it. It wouldnt be the Doctor Who I love without him! His actions impact greatly, and I miss him. And 11 HAS to meet him! Ten bucks he smacks the Doctor’s butt (or gets way too close) and Clara would enjoy him. I. Want. Jack.

4. Mugen Pharoah says:

Presumably you mean Barrowman ‘sought’ permission after rather than ‘sort permission’….

It will be a shame if Face and Body of Boe doesn’t make a return appearance though.

• leo says:

Really? I would be far more disappointed if Frazer, Katy and Louise don’t and he does.

5. Josh says:

I hope he does return, Torchwood is a huge part of Who’s mythology, and would seem strange if he didn’t come into it.

6. Krumstets says:

Well it would be odd if he wasn’t involved and others were. But hey, there still seems to be so much focus on the more recent stars.
    What would be more interesting would be to see which if any of the clasdic series companions are coming back.

7. BOJAY says:

Ditto for me with McGann. But I think Moffat could craft a story that gives a credible reason for Jack to return. As Torchwood (on television, at least) is most likely over, it would be nice to bring Jack back around. And of course, just the thought of Jack meeting River, or it being revealed that they’ve already met, would be priceless. Just imagine the look on the Eleventh Doctor’s face……..