Doctor Who News King Colin

Published on January 22nd, 2013 | by Christian Cawley

Colin Denies “Eleven Doctors” Casting

Following the “revelation” of an “Eleven Doctors” 50th anniversary episode of Doctor Who yesterday (complete with missing sources), former Time Lord Colin Baker has denied any knowledge of such a story.

When asked by @ColinBakerFans on Twitter if a report in The Mirror (based on the Birmingham Mail story we discussed yesterday), the Sixth Doctor answered:

@ColinBakerFans wish I could but alas apart from The Big Finish plans I am not aware of any 50th stories nor have I been approached

Some fans weren’t particularly convinced by this, resulting in a subsequent tweet:

There’s no point in me tweeting if you don’t believe me

Which is a fair point, really!

So, straight from the mouth of one of the horses not involved – no approach, no contact.

I wonder which “Eleven Doctors” Steven Moffat will be casting…?

Tags: , , , ,

8 Responses to Colin Denies “Eleven Doctors” Casting

1. Rick Lundeen says:

You never really know if the former Doctors are simply keeping up the pretense for the sake of surprise (bless ‘em) or if there’s just another entirely different adventure going to happen. I still maintain that the best bet will be Smith’s Doctor traveling back through his own Timeline and them inserting him into classic adventures via CGI. I think that would be a lot of fun and really, that’s all one can expect. Moffat would have a field day just coming up with Smith’s comments regarding his past selves!

2. BOJAY says:

To be perfectly frank, CGI is the ONLY way any past Doctor other than Paul McGann could believably appear. To cop something like the “time differential” that “Time Crash” used would simply undermine everything across the board. CGI, or barring that, something completely animated and voiced by the respective actors would be the only credible means to involve all eleven Doctors.

3. Nodrog says:

Looking at previous multi-Doctor encounters… any 11 Doctors combo is going to be substantially disappointing – some if not all of the previous 10 would get minimal screen time. Unless it was as long as the Hobbit (faint hope!)

4. Drew says:

Is Peter Cushing still available? ;)

5. Josh says:

I bet he’ll call it “The Eleven Doctors” and set the episode in a hospital run by only eleven doctors. Just out of spite.

6. Krumstets says:

There are times when I wouldn’t mind being lied to.
    Colin’s denial of his involvement is one of those moments.
    I have read that the `special’ will be a 60 minute long episode.
    I also hope that is not true. It’s got to be 90 minutes at least. Even if it is split into two parts.
    Anyway, this is is all speculation still….time will tell etc etc..

7. Ian says:

I reckon it will just be Tennant, Not much time to do a multi Doctor story in an hour.

8. Laurie Rea says:

I’d personally prefer to have Doctors 8, 9, 10, 11 for the TV anniversary special – especially 8! Come on give him more screen time Moffat. I’m equally looking forward to the Big Finish special where the older Doctors get to play their younger selves in a more convincing medium.