Despite the dramas of Downton Abbey and their downmarket rivals EastEnders, there was only one TV show that really mattered to Twitter this Christmas: Doctor Who!
Around 1600 mentions of Doctor Who on Twitter places the show at the top of the pile, with the Time Lord’s new TARDIS, new companion and old foe all proving worthy Tweeting-points.
ISP LittleBigOne compiled the list. Their representative is Teresa Robbins:
Christmas TV was great this year, with fantastic programming throughout the festive period.
Our analysis of how many people are talking about each show on Twitter has helped us to signpost the real crackers.
Measuring the number of Tweets about a particular topic isn’t easy, so we won’t go into detail about how LittleBigOne went about it – as they don’t say – but the results make fascinating reading…
- Doctor Who (1,600 mentions on Twitter)
- EastEnders (1,210 mentions)
- Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (809 mentions)
- Downton Abbey (395 mentions)
- The Queen (365 mentions)
- Home Alone 2: Lost in New York (349 mentions)
- The Snowman & The Snowdog (230 mentions)
- Outnumbered (220 mentions)
- Alice in Wonderland (203 mentions)
- Lady and the Tramp (197 mentions)
(Good to see Outnumbered in the list too – starring Claire Skinner (The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe‘s Madge Arwell) this was a more than welcome return to form for the show.)
What do you think? Did you Tweet about Doctor Who or any of the shows on this list? Do you follow KasterborousDW on Twitter?