Doctor Who News Former Doctor Who Colin Baker appeared in Channel 4's Come Dine With Me

Published on November 4th, 2012 | by Christian Cawley

Sixy In The Jungle?!

The Sunday Mirror has published a list of celebrity contestants in the annual snoozefest jungle challenge I’m a Celebrity, Get me Out of Here!, and there’s a surprising name in the list…

Former Doctor Who Colin Baker appeared in Channel 4's Come Dine With Me

Although as yet there has been no word from the man himself on Twitter (@Sawboneshex), Colin Baker, one-time Sixth Doctor Who star, is apparently travelling to Australia to take part in the show in two week’s time…

An ITV source said: “Producers are delighted with this year’s line-up.

“They feel that there is a really good mix. They’ve been trying to find the right celebrities for a few months now and are pleased with who they have selected.

His appearance on the at-times dangerous show follows a previous appointment with food poisoning in Come Dine With Me in December 2012.

So-called “reality” TV shows aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but will Colin’s presence on the show compel you to tune in?

Tags: , , ,

14 Responses to Sixy In The Jungle?!

1. avatar Krumstets says:

If it’s true , I wonder if they will show him arriving at the camp in a Tardis instead of jumping out of plane ?
    It would be very predictable if they did that but I am sure far too tempting not to have at least considered it.

2. avatar paul blume says:

That poor man will DIE out there ~ I mean, have they SEEN him? He’s HUGE.

3. avatar neilpalf says:

not even the presence of an ex doctor will persuade me to watch that drivel. Don’t get me wrong i seem to be one of the only people that liked the sixth doctor (those in any doubt should check out some of the excellent work he’s done with Big Finish) but i cannot stand that programme, I prefer to have my mind stimulated with something that’s had at least a bit of thought put into the it!

4. avatar Esterath says:

Oh, God, Sixy eating kangaroo b***s. =(

5. avatar Ian says:

I hope its not true, most of these celebrities do it to get back in the lime light or work. Colin always seems to be busy. But I won’t watch this appalling drivel. As Davros would say “Mind numbing boardem!”

6. avatar Krumstets says:

Why would anyone go on this show ?

Money.

Lots of it.

7. avatar Rick Lundeen says:

There are a lot of Colin fans out there and I’m one of them. He was easily my favorite Doctor of the ’80′s. He had to endure the low times, bad producer costume decisions and well, JNT himself just like Peter and Syl. The brash, rather unlikable persona of the Sixth Doctor was maybe the thing I like best about the show in that decade. So, all that being said, maybe he thinks of the show as a lark, a challenge, maybe just a bit of senseless fun.

8. avatar Robert Davis says:

Can this be right when he’s in the Bournemouth Pantomime that starts shortly? He cannot be in two places at once…

• What dates is he in Bournemouth, Robert?

• avatar Robert Davis says:

8/12/12 to 6/1/13 but I’d imagine there’d be some rehearsals before that…

See http://www.bic.co.uk/events/Event_Details.asp?event=5784

9. avatar Francis Cave says:

I really really hope this is not true!

I’m a celebrity is for washed out, talentless has-beens who just want attention.

None of which remotely describe Colin.

10. avatar Andrew says:

Just hope for Colin’s sake no Vervoids are waiting in the jungle for him!

11. avatar Francis Cave says:

I’d just been having that thought myself.

A whipround to save Colin the indignity of appearing in that load of crap?

I’m in!

12. avatar Ian says:

Really surprised he’s going out there. Maybe he wants to raise his profile and get back into TV work.