To celebrate the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who next year, BBC Books will be reissuing eleven classic Doctor Who novels – one for each Doctor – from across their fiction range.
As you can see, these have been repackaged with new introductions, bold new covers, and 50th anniversary branding, they are not only a collectable set for fans, but a brilliant introduction to the depth and range of the Doctor Who list.
As for the choices – well, you might not agree with them all (certainly the choice of a TV adaptation for the Seventh Doctor title is unusual, if not unwelcome) – but they all represent excellent stories written by great Doctor Who writers past and present. Here’s the list of titles and authors, starting in order from the First Doctor.
- Ten Little Aliens – Stephen Cole
- Dreams of Empire – Justin Richards
- Last of the Gadarene – Mark Gatiss
- Festival of Death – Jonathan Morris
- Fear of the Dark – Trevor Baxendale
- Players – Terrance Dicks
- Remembrance of the Daleks – Ben Aaronovitch
- Earthworld – Jacqueline Rayner
- Only Human – Gareth Roberts
- Beautiful Chaos – Gary Russell
- The Silent Stars Go By – Dan Abnett
Each title is expected to retail at £6.99 and we’ll be bringing you details of each over the coming days (with nice hi-res images of the covers).