Its official! Award Winning fantasist Neil Gaiman is writing a new episode of Doctor Who!
While its hardly been a secret since Gaiman let slip that he was working on another episode during his Hugo Award winning acceptance speech for his first, The Doctor’s Wife – his name has now been added to the official list of writers for the second half of Series 7, reports BBC America.
As revealed in this month’s Doctor Who Magazine, Gaiman will be joining fellow writers Neil Cross (Luther), Doctor Who returnees Mark Gatiss and Stephen Thompson and, of course, Steven Moffat in completing the remaining episodes of the season.
Here’s the list in full:
1) 706. Written by Steven Moffat. Directed by Colm McCarthy. (Filming now)
2) 707. Written by Neil Cross. Directed by Farren Blackburn. (Not filmed)
3) 708. Written by Mark Gatiss. Directed by Douglas Mackinnon. (Filmed)
4) 709. Written by Neil Cross. Directed by Jamie Payne. (Filmed)
5) 710. Written by Stephen Thompson. Directed by Mat King. (Filmed)
6) 711. Written by Mark Gatiss. Directed by Saul Metzstein. (Filmed)
7) 712. Written by Neil Gaiman. Directed by Stephen Wolfenden. (Not filmed)
8) 713. Written by Steven Moffat. Directed by TBA. (Not filmed)
Exciting stuff, I think you’ll agree!