Doctor Who News John Barrowman and Eve Myles in Torchwood: Miracle Day

Published on June 11th, 2012 | by Philip Bates

Will You Re-Watch Miracle Day?

John Barrowman and Eve Myles in Torchwood: Miracle Day

Captain Jack and Gwen Cooper stand around doing nothing during a global catastrophe…

Watch are showing Torchwood: Miracle Day, starting tonight at 10pm.

The channel has been repeating episodes from series one and two, amidst the occasional Children of Earth run, for a while now, despite being pulled from schedules last year when they aired episodes that contained sex, violence and swearing  before the watershed. This breached regulations set by Ofcom, and led to the show being ‘reviewed.’ As BroadcastNow says:

“The media regulator said the scenes of violence had the ‘potential to distress younger viewers’ and there was no ‘sufficient justification’ for broadcasting them at 4pm.”

Well, quite. The series is now being shown solely after the 9pm watershed, when children distressed by Captain Jack have surely gone to bed.

Miracle Day, in which the human population of Earth simply stopped dying, began airing on BBC One in July 2011, and was met with very mixed reactions, leaving its future unknown. The first episode, The New World, is written Russell T. Davies and has an Audience Appreciation Index of 85 (considered excellent). After the initial episode, the series, arguably, went downhill.

John Fay, who wrote two episodes of Children of Earth and one of Miracle Day, is working on an upcoming episode of Doctor Who. Don’t worry; it was one of the better instalments of Miracle Day!

You can watch the latest series of Torchwood every Monday at 10pm on Watch.

Tags: ,

8 Responses to Will You Re-Watch Miracle Day?

1. Matt says:

No, won’t be tuning in. Watched every episode of the first three series, but this lost me about five episodes in, it was just…dull. From what I understand from others who made it to the end, I didn’t miss anything.

2. FrancoPabloDiablo says:

My wife watches Doctor Who mostly for my benifit but has loved Torchwood since series one. She was absolutley amazed and enthralled with Children Of Earth (as were most of us i think). Sadly my wife got to episode 4 of Miracle Day and gave up! Shame. Maybe I’ll see if she is willing to give it another go tonight!

3. TonyS says:

Well I don’t have access to Watch for one thing. But even if I did, no I wouldn’t watch it. I agree with the other two commentators.

4. Philip Bates says:

Yeah, to be honest, I expected a long list of “No”s!

5. Bryan Simcott says:

Well just to be Mr Awkward in the croner.

Me and my partner watch this on broadcast and loved every moment. Bought the Blu ray and watched them again. Wont watch for a while now obviously but will again.

I do find series one and two the easiet to watch either as a whole season or individual episodes. As It has a more fantastical adventure quality.

Whereas Children of earth and Miracle Day are both grim and sad and horrifying views on Humanity

6. Leo says:

Unless I am forced to by John Barrowman, the alternative being that he sing’s a medley of West End Musical standard’s to me….

7. Krumstets says:

It would be a Miracle Day for me if I were to go through that again.
    Sub X-Files plot and Gwens almost constant lachrymose state. Urghhh !!!!

8. daniel says:

one reason to re-watch the dvd…dr suarez!

(dons 70s hat…) phwooooooooar.