Doctor Who News Karen Gillan as Amy Pond with Dalek and Time Lord

Published on April 1st, 2012 | by Christian Cawley

The Doctor and Amy Face Classic Daleks!

So hands up how many of you thought that when Steven Moffat told us last week we would be seeing all of the Daleks that you initially thought “wow, all the Dalek designs in one episode!” before checking yourselves and realising you were living in cloud cuckoo land?

Well, just when you thought it was safe to enjoy a day in the sunshine…

…they go and release an amazing photo.

Karen Gillan as Amy Pond with Dalek and Time Lord

Executive Producer Steven Moffat earlier tweeted this little beauty earlier today and to be honest it is probably the most adorable, fanw*nky thing imaginable, in a completely cool and amazing way.

Tags: , , , , , ,

12 Responses to The Doctor and Amy Face Classic Daleks!

1. Rick Lundeen says:

Very cool and I’m noticing on the left in the background….there are two pairs of shoes. One pair looks a lot like the Seventh Doctors and the other looks a lot like the Tenth Doctors. I’m sure that’s a crazy coincidence…..or yet another April fools joke….

• Mugen Pharoah says:

You’re right – they really are shoe-who-alikes…but surely not all in one episode? Really? Maybe? with Daleks?

Oh dear I think my head exploded with excitement.

• Rick Lundeen says:

You never know, they way they arrange shooting of production blocks, episodes being shot all out of order, who’s to say they haven’t stuck the 50th anniversary in the midst of one of these blocks? No one would be thinking along those lines this early anyway. Maybe they’re shooting it bit by bit as well as they go through the year? Surely a reunion of all the different versions of the Daleks would have a particular meaning? :)

• TonyS says:

I was wondering whether the episode is set in a museum

2. You don’t joke about a serious thing as this!
    Steve Moffat should know that!

• Rosalie says:

Not a joke–the production photographs released a few days ago showed Moffat (laser and red base), Davies (laser and broken sucker), and Classic (black base) Daleks. This picture shows yet another design…
      It’s possible that this one is a joke, but there are certainly Davies and Classic Daleks returning in Series 7.
      So excited!

3. Steve Andrew says:

Oh, that photo is indeed a thing of beauty. Some kind of Dalek museum? I’m hoping the date it was posted is not significant? ;-) Whatever – a lovely image.

4. Charles Norton says:

I could be mistaken, but that looks like one of the props that the Model Unit refurbished for the recent Doctor Who Exhibition. With the Exhibition moving across from London to Cardiff, I suppose the production team have now got a whole new props cupboard on their doorstep. We could have all sorts.

5. Gordon says:

I wish they would just use this dalek disign from now on.

• FrancoPabloDiablo says:

As much as i love those original dalek designs, i have to reluctantly disagree. My hope is a story to explain away the different look of classic series daleks and new series daleks! A result of the Time War perhaps?

P.S. a little line of dialogue to explain the ‘camp’ daleks’ vocals of the 1996 TV Movie wouldn’t go amiss either. But that’s just me indulging my fanw*nk self!

6. Leo says:

This is one of those iconic images that will be doing the rounds still in 30/40 years or more.

That particular Dalek is very much a thing of beauty in terms of design.

7. Rick Lundeen says:

When all is said and done, I think I like the RTD era Daleks the best. They really seemed to be the most solid, most metallic, most hard edged of the incarnations. The Moffat era versions have grown on me as they’ve looked great every time I’ve seen them since the intro as the intro was the only time they were trotted out all color coded and that’s when you run into a problem.