Starring Jon Pertwee and Lis Sladen as the Doctor and Sarah Jane Smith, Death to the Daleks pits our heroes against Daleks with pistols and a sentient city, all taking place on a power-draining planet.
A power failure in the TARDIS draws it off course, and the Doctor and Sarah Jane Smith end up stranded on the bleak planet of Exxilon. They soon meet members of an Earth expedition in a similar situation.
The humans are searching for a rare mineral, but first they must find out what is draining their power and avoid what’s inside another grounded spaceship – the Doctor’s oldest enemies, the Daleks…
- Commentary – with actors Julian Fox (Peter Hamilton), Dalek operator Cy Town, director Michael E Briant, assistant floor manager Richard Leyland, costume designer L Rowland Warne and special sounds maestro Dick Mills. Moderated by Toby Hadoke.
- Beneath the City of the Exxilons – Cast and crew look back on the making of this story. With actor Arnold Yarrow, Julian Fox, Michael E Briant, Richard Leyland, L Rowland Warne and fan and Dalek voice artist Nick Briggs.
- Studio Recording – A rare glimpse into the production of a Third Doctor story.
- On the Set of Dr. Who and the Daleks - Behind the scenes on the first Dalek film in 1965.
- Radio Times listings (DVD-ROM)
- Programme subtitles
- Production information subtitles
- Photo gallery
- Coming soon trailer
- Digitally remastered picture and sound quality
- Doctor Who Stories – Dalek Men
Released on June 18th 2012, Death to the Daleks has an RRP of £20.42 – but you can save by ordering from Amazon, where the DVD is available to pre-order now for just £13.00!