Published on December 20th, 2011 | by Meredith Burdett
Doctor Who Christmas Special Hints!
The website of popular sci-fi publication SFX was on hand to watch the advanced screening of the Doctor Who 2011 Christmas special The Doctor, The Widow And The Wardrobe a few days ago and have provided a few interesting facts from what they saw in order to tantalize you without spoiling anything!
Here are a few tasters for you to contemplate while you wait the week out until Christmas day:
1. Apparently, the opening scene is one of the most audacious in Doctor Who’s history.
2. There are two references to Peter Davison era stories: one direct and one indirect (or there may only be one and the second is coincidental.
3. It’s straighter forward than last year’s Christmas special. But let’s face it; last year’s wasn’t too difficult to understand.
4. It’s an “ecologically-minded” story, apparently squaring up to 1973’s The Green Death in terms of eco messages!
5. It might even make you feel something for a Christmas tree.
6. At one point in the episode, Matt Smith will deliver a smile that will “smash your heart to pieces”, whatever that may mean.
This year’s Christmas special is shaping up to be an even more Christmassy tale than last year’s. Get set for typical Steven Moffat laughter, tears, action and scares all delivered courtesy of the wonderful Doctor Who team at BBC Wales.
Roll on Christmas Day!