Published on June 12th, 2011 | by Christian Cawley
Vworp 4 Guests Announced!
What are you upto on July 3rd? I’ll tell you now – if you’re in the UK with reasonable means of reaching Manchester, you’re heading to the Lass O’Gowrie pub on Charles Street to enjoy the thrills of an intimate, friendly Doctor Who convention in the shape of Vworp 4!
This is our fourth annual Doctor Who pubcon, this time scheduled for Sunday, 3rd July 2011 as part of LassFest (www.lassfest.co.uk) our month-long fringe festival of arts, culture and music at the Lass.
As you can see from the poster to the right (click for a larger version), guests from the worlds of Doctor Who scheduled to appear (subject to work commitments) include:
* Katy Manning (Everyone’s favourite Jo Grant!)
* Bob Baker (Co-creator of K9 and co-writer of numerous Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker classics)
* Paul Tams (Co-creator of the new K9 series)
* Andrew Cartmel (Script editor during the McCoy era and visionary)
* Ben Aaronovich (Writer of Remembrance of the Daleks, Battlefield and several seminal New Adventures)
* Adrian Salmon (Prolific Time Team, Cybermen and comic strip artist – including the amazing Forever Dreaming)
* Martin Geraghty (THE Doctor Who comic strip artist of the nineties and noughties)
* Dez Skinn (Founding editor of DWM and raconteur extraordinaire)
* Peter Ware (Current DWM Assistant Editor); and
* The simply incomparable Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre
Additionally, the organizers have the hugely pleasing news of being able to announce that they will be joined on by sixties era Script Editor Donald Tosh – Corrie and Doctor Who royalty in our eyes, no less…
Donald Tosh began his career in the theatre but later joined Granada TV where, amongst many other projects, he developed the format for a new regular soap drama which was eventually to become Coronation Street. After six years he moved to the BBC and found himself working as story editor on Compact. After eighteen months he transferred to become story editor on Doctor Who from The Time Meddler to The Massacre of St. Bartholomew’s Eve. He is also credited as co-writer of The Massacre…. Donald found that he did rather more that just editing some of the scripts, he virtually wrote the first half of The Daleks’ Master Plan and completely re-wrote The Massacre….
With so few production team members left from the Hartnell era you’d be MAD not to take this chance to hear Donald’s six favourite things about his time on the programme.
If Vworp 4 is anything as good as the previous events, then you’re all in for a very good time indeed, so take this chance to get your tickets booked.
Tickets are a *SNIP at £19.95 a head and available at www.wegottickets.com/event/116912!
You can find the Lass O’Gowrie at:
36 Charles Street
Meanwhile, you can call on 0161 273 6932, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.