From manufacturer Half Moon Bay and available through Forbidden Planet, a new range of Doctor Who merchandise including t-shirts, mugs, and folder bags has hit the market. They’re really rather simple concepts – each item just mentioned essentially has a picture of a character or characters from any of this season’s already-broadcast adventures with a quote beneath relating to him/her/them. For example, one of the folder bags and one of the mugs features a hexagonal image of Matt Smith’s Doctor and Suranne Jones’ Idris with the caption “You are my thief! My beautiful thief, look at you!”
Here’s the full range of t-shirts, shoulder bags, and mugs that have been created. Note that several items have sold out, so if you want any of those you’ll have to watch their respective spaces. T-shirts are listed by colour.
The Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon
- Eleventh Doctor – “I wear a Stetson now. Stetsons are cool.” Black; White; Bag; Mug
- The Silence – “Silence Will Fall” Black; White; Bag; Mug
- Doctor, Amy, & Rory reflected in the Spaceman’s helmet – “Whatever happens now, you do not interfere” Black & Black + Colour; White & White + Colour; Bag & Bag + Colour; Mug
- Astronaut – “The Space Man is here. It’s gonna get me; it’s gonna eat me!” Black; White; Bag
- River – “Who did the Doctor trust the most?” Mug
The Curse of the Black Spot
- Doctor – “Please ignore all my theories up to this point.” Bag; Mug
- Amy – “What kind of rubbish pirates are you?” Mug
The Doctor’s Wife – Available Sunday, May 29th
- Doctor & Idris – “You are my thief! My beautiful thief, look at you!” Bag; Mug
- Nephew the Ood – “Nephew was broken when he came here…” Bag; Mug
- Uncle – “Sorry about the mad person, she was supposed to be dead!” Bag; Mug
Admittedly, this is all fairly default stuff. Nothing too creative in terms of concept; you get what it says on the tin: picture + quote on gifty sort of item, the manufacturer’s way of cashing in on Who fandom’s most current vibe. Many would likely be more inclined to spend their hard-earned money on the more unique Whovian gems like the Tom Baker/Peter Davison costume t-shirts, but if you’re the sort who likes your stuff to sport the freshest Doctor Who one-liners available, and you don’t mind paying £24.99 for the folder bags, £16.99 for the t-shirts, and £5.99 for the mugs, more power to ya.