Published on April 4th, 2011 | by Christian Cawley0
Frontios DVD Cover & Details
Set for release on Monday, 30th May 2011 and featuring Peter Davison as the Fifth Doctor, Frontios is a newly remastered release of the original episodes, utilising advances in technology and technique, and are supported by an expanded collection of bonus features.
As a strange force takes hold of the TARDIS, the Doctor and his friends find themselves grounded on the inhospitable planet of Frontios, where the last survivors of the human race scratch out a desperate existence far away from their long dead home planet.
The colonists are gripped by fear and paranoia as the planet is battered by attacks from space and they watch as the bodies of their dead are sucked into the ground. But the Doctor only appreciates the true gravity of the situation when he finds that the TARDIS has been destroyed…
Co-starring Mark Strickson as Turlough and Janet Fielding as Tegan, Frontios also features Jeff Rawle as Plantagenet, Lesley Dunlop as Norna and John Gillett as The Gravis… Originally broadcast in January 1984, Frontios is by Christopher H. Bidmead and featured in Peter Davison’s last series as the Doctor, Season 21.
Contents, Commentaries & Extras
* 4 x 25 mins approx colour episodes with mono audio.
* Commentary – With actors Peter Davison, Jeff Rawle and John Gillett, script editor Eric Saward and special sounds designer Dick Mills.
* Driven to Distractation â€“ cast and crew look back at the making of Frontios. With actors Peter Davison, Mark Strickson, Jeff Rawle and John Gillett, script editors Christopher H. Bidmead and Eric Saward, and designer David Buckingham. Narrated by Paul Jones.
* Deleted and Extended Scenes â€“ a chance to see scenes that were cut during editing, many of which are presented before post-production effects had been added.
* Photo Gallery – production, design and publicity photos from the story.
* Isolated Music â€“ option to watch the episodes with the isolated music score.
* Coming Soon – a trailer for a forthcoming DVD release.
* Radio Times Listings in Adobe PDF format.
* Programme subtitles.
* Subtitle Production Notes.
Running to 100 minutes, the RRP of Â£20.42 has been set for Frontios, although you can order in advance from Amazon for just Â£12.93!