Published on April 30th, 2011 | by Andrew Reynolds
First comes a wallet busting chess set and now, in an attempt to conquer not only Saturday nights but also dreary, rainy Sunday afternoons when there’s no electricity and you’ve literally used up every conversation you’ve every had/thought of, there now comes Doctor Who Monopoly Limited Edition!
Joining the ranks of Monopoly: Bass Fishing, Monopoly: Fedex and Monopoly:Betty Boop, Doctor Who Monopoly Limited Edition will finally capture the Doctors habit of buying up planets and hording them like a miser! Its every space capitalists dream!
While there are no images as yet of just what you’ll be buying, playing as or even using as credit, i thought, in an attempt to meld this mindboggling image of the Doctor demanding rent, coming second in a beauty contest and foreclosing on some Water Works, we’d have a bash at making up just uninspiring things might be on that board-niverse:
- It goes without saying the jails will be Pandoricas.
- The playing pieces will probably be random paraphernalia from the Who-niverse such as Screwdrivers, TARDIS’, perhaps even a little silver bow tie and Fez!
- Planet wise you’ll be looking to place your hotel/houses (please don’t be little TARDIS’) on Skaro (Old Kent Road), Earth (Mayfair), Gallifrey (Bond Street) and Mars (Water Works)
- You know if you want to win at Monopoly all you have to do is just buy four houses for every property you own, then there will be no houses left to convert to hotels! Making you the winner by default! Ha!
- Passing through the Rift will earn you 200 credits to spend on Kronk-burgers.
- And The Electric Works will be Cybrus Industries.
Can you think of any equally uninspiring uses of the Whoinverse?
The set, limited to 5000 copies, will be available 1st August and can be pre-ordered from Forbidden Planet (Regent Street) for £26.99!