Published on February 4th, 2011 | by Christian Cawley5
David Walliams in Doctor Who
Walliams – one half of the Lucas and Walliams double act who haven’t made a decent show since Rock Profiles for UK Play in the late 1990s – appeared on Radio 2 this morning and let slip that he would be appearing in the next series of our favourite show!
David Walliams has previous with Doctor Who, appearing in Big Finish’s Phantasmagoria (by Mark Gatiss) as well as the famous sketches on 1999′s Doctor Who Night (The Web of Caves, The Kidnappers and The Pitch of Fear, also alongside Gatiss).
It was the Chris Evans Breakfast Show (he who was once the husband of Rose Tyler actress Billie Piper) on which Walliams revealed the news when asked for the top three (initially five) franchises he would like to appear on…
- I’ve actually been offered a part in Doctor Who
- Would you like to be Doctor Who?
- I think… any actor wouldn’t turn that down.
- So that’s a yes.
- I won’t be cast now though!
- Because they’re getting younger!
- They can get older again. He’s a Time Lord, it doesn’t matter! Are you gonna be in Doctor Who then, have you said yes?
- Yes, I’ve said yes…
- What’s your part?
- I don’t think I can reveal much… I’ll just say that I’m an alien…
- Have you filmed it already?
- When do you film it?
- In a few weeks.
Via Blogtor Who