In what is promised as the first of many christmas treats leading up to the Christmas Day airing of A Christmas Carol (the Doctor Who one, not the Muppet’s) Digital Spy have teased ten tinsel cover spoilers for the festive episode.
A Christmas Carol sees Amy (Karen Gillan) Â and Rory (Arthur Darvill)Â trapped on board a stricken space liner thatâ€™s plummeting through banks of thick icy fog to the surface of the planet below. A planet which has the power to clear the fog and save them, if only the Doctor can convince the miserly, heartbrokenÂ Kazran Sardick (Michael Gambon)Â that life is worth living- in his own time hopping, idiosyncratic way.
1. The Doctor finally tells a lie too big for the psychic paper.
2. “The other half is ****** the *****.”
3. We learn exactly why bow-ties are cool.
4. Abigail breaks into song twice, but there’s an interesting reason why.
5. The Doctor once spent a revealing evening with Frank Sinatra, Einstein and Father Christmas.
6. “Why are they singing?” “For ***** *****.”
7. Turns out The Doctor is rubbish at card tricks.
8. “Marilyn, get your coat!”
9. Kazran gets a glimpse at his past, present and future – but not in the way you might expect.
10. “No chance. Completely impossible. Except at Christmas.”
And if you ever needed a line to sum up what a Doctor Who Christmas Special is all about, number 10 does it beautifully.
(via Digital Spy)