Published on November 17th, 2010 | by Meredith Burdett
Who’s da Man!
Doctor Who has always proved its worth to audiences over its various incarnations and voting it as the best is only right. Totalscifionline ran the poll and the websites editor, Matt McAllister, commented
“There have been plenty of mind-bending, thought-provoking SF shows in the history of television, but none have proven as enduring as Doctor Who… the key to the show’s longevity has been its ability to re-invent itself for new generations while maintaining a consistency in tone and character, and the Daleks and TARDIS have now become part of our cultural landscape. 2010 saw Doctor Who head in yet another triumphant direction – surely another 50 years are guaranteed?”
How right you are Matt, how right you are. The full top ten is as follows:
1. Doctor Who (1963-present)
2. Star Trek: The Original Series (1966-69)
3. The Twilight Zone (1959-1964)
4. The X-Files (1993-2002)
5. The Prisoner (1967-68)
6. Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997-2003)
7. Battlestar Galactica (2004-09)
8. The Quatermass Experiment (1953)
9. Star Trek: The Next Generation (1987-1994)
10. Babylon 5 (1993-98)
All fine series that have accomplished a huge deal but none as significant as the mighty and the best, Doctor Who!