Published on October 19th, 2010 | by Andrew Reynolds
Morales Wants Role In Who
With Doctor Who shooting stateside it’s difficult not to imagine every actor/actress with a love for all things Who not knocking on the door of the BBC’s travelling circus, demanding a role.
And none seems more demanding than Natalie Morales – the actress has been tweeting like crazy, creating hashtags such as #nataliemoralesondrwho in order to grab anyone, someones attention to just how badly she wants a role
A Tweet from the 10th October reads:
“Doctor Who to shoot in the US this season. My campaign to be on it starts immediately. #nataliemoralesondrwho #forrealnotkidding”
and was followed up with:
Also, I will never give up on this- even after I die (my ghost will haunt the set): #nataliemoralesondrwho”
Desperate much? For those of you who don’t know who Natalie is (me neither) here are five fun facts about Miss Morales!
- Morales is of Cuban descent
- She is best know for having played Wendy Watson on the TV adaptation of The Middleman, the Viper Comic Series about a freelance fixer of ‘exotic problems’ such as assassin apes, hostile aliens and mad scientists.
- The show often used pop culture and geek humour asÂ references such as episode eleven where various Doctor Who characters were namedÂ during anÂ alien invasion.
- Despite the show being well recieved it was axed after 12 episodes
- Morales has since made an appearance in Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps
The campaign however has gotten off to a rocky start with only 160 likes for a Facebook group made to help raise awareness for this noble cause.
So if you feel like giving a cute Cuban a helping hand up into the Whoinverse like her page, pester Steven Moffat on Twitter and write to your local MP and tell them Kasterborous sent you!