Published on September 2nd, 2010 | by Patrick Riley
Not A Moment Too Soon!
It’s not been a week since our own Brian Terranova revealed the cover art for the Sylvester McCoy regeneration story, 1996′s Doctor Who: TV Movie, and already the new design for the also-upcoming release of the Peter Davison regeneration story, 1984′s The Caves of Androzani has been unveiled!
The picture here has it all: the Doctor embarking on his final venture of five-ness, Peri being Peri, and a bunch of explosions and quarries and people and stuff that also appeared in this four-parter.Â ‘Scuse me for being vague, but I think you’re too busy looking at the picture to notice.Â Which means, unfortunately, that you’re also going to miss this list of DVD extras:
- ‘The Regeneration’ – inside the studio during the climatic regeneration. Features an optional commentary track
- ‘Creating Sharez Jek’ – inside the character courtesy of an audio recording of the late Christopher Gable.
- BBC 1 trailer for the first episode
- A compilation of news reports and interviews about Peter Davison leaving the series
- Isolated music score, composed by Roger Limb
- ‘Chain Reaction’ – the making of the story that is regularly voted as the best Doctor Who story of all time
- ‘Directing Who: Then & Now’ – Graeme Harper discusses directing Doctor Who, classic and new
- Colin Baker and Peter Davison on the Russell Harty show.
- Brand new and updated subtitles
- Plus the usual photo gallery, coming soon trailer, PDFs, commentary, and Easter eggs.
All this and the picture on this page will be included alongside such treasures as the previously mentioned TV Movie and The Talons of Weing-Chiang in the Doctor Who: Revisitation Box Set – Volume 1, which will be available in the UK as of 4 October.Â Give me one good reason why you’re still on this page and not on Amazon pre-ordering this baby right now!
(Via Gallifreyan Embassy)