Doctor Who News no image

Published on August 30th, 2010 | by Meredith Burdett

No Daleks for Moff?

Information on the  2011 series of Doctor Who has started to surface more and more and show runner Steven Moffat has revealed another juicy titbit about what may (or may not) be in store for the Doctor.

Doctor Who boss Steven MoffatAccording to Moffat, the Daleks will not be appearing in the new series.

In a report run by Digital Spy, the Executive Producer commented:

“There will be a Dalek story when we’ve got a good idea for a Dalek story. [When that happens], there will be lots of different kinds of Daleks.”

Some of you may be overjoyed at this news as there has been rumblings over the past few years that Skaro’s finest were appearing once too often. Some of you may be disheartened to hear this news as the Daleks may be the only reason you watch Doctor Who (as if!), but let’s not forget that the new series will be split into two halves next year so Moffat could be considering them as two separate series. When it comes to Doctor Who, there’s always a twist in the tale!

Over the last five years we’ve been treated to some absolutely wonderful Dalek tales (Dalek, The Parting of the Ways, Doomsday, Journey’s End) and some not so wonderful (Daleks in Manhattan, Victory of the Daleks) and maybe a year off to let them regroup and come up with another truly inspired plan may be the best course of action.

After all, we still have to find out what role the Eternal has to play…

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

What happens when an eight year old kid watches the 1993 repeat run of Planet of the Daleks? He pretty much ends up here writing about the show that grabbed hold of him and never let go!

6 Responses to No Daleks for Moff?

1. avatar Bow Ties Are Cool says:

Remember the Moff has come out and said that he tells blatant lies in the press about Doctor Who. That said, I’m one of those who think the Daleks are becoming a bit over-used, so I hope he’s not just messing with us.

Also, I don’t care what anyone says, I love Daleks in Manhattan. Yeah, I said it!

2. avatar TimeChaser says:

I wouldn’t mind a reprieve from the Daleks. They’ve definitely been overused in the new series, especially in season finales.

3. avatar Rick714 says:

PLEASE rest the Daleks. I’d be fine with them disappearing until the 50th anniversary, really.

4. avatar Carn says:

I actually like Victory. I found Manhattan unbearable though for a whole list of reasons but I find plenty in Victory I like rewatching.

5. avatar Leosw4 says:

‘but let’s not forget that the new series will be split into two halves next year so Moffat could be considering them as two separate series. When it comes to Doctor Who, there’s always a twist in the tale!’-I think this is highly likely.

The BBC have an (alledged) deal with the Nation estate for an annual appearance (series dependant of course).

I would imagine the Autumn/Fall series is most likely to have an appearance-just in time for the Christmas toy market.

6. avatar krumstets says:

Well since Davros is behind the crack in the universe it would be suprising if the Daleks didn’t appear…