Or are you looking to take advantage of a seller’s market, and trying to find a bargain? After all, there is a lot of new Doctor Who merchandise available since the series returned in 2005, from the every day toys and action figures to props and costumes.
Either way io9.com have published a useful guide to buying and selling collectibles online, tailored for the current economic downturn.
While there is only scant mention of Doctor Who – the article focusses more on Marvel, Star Wars and Star Trek – the principles are the same across the board. However given that the road to success in online transactions is littered with ripoffs and failures, I think it is worth covering some of the points here:
- * Provide lots of details in the listing.
- * Look beyond eBay for online selling.
- * Only buy stuff you like and know about.
- * Try not to get the same stuff that everybody else has.
- * Cut back on how much stuff you buy.
- * Watch out for common eBay scams.
For a full list of suggestions and advice,visit io9.com – and good luck if you plan on selling or collecting online!