Featuring fan favourite Tom Baker as the Fourth Doctor along with Lalla Ward as Romana and David Brierley as the voice of K9, Creature From The Pit will be available on DVD from 2entertain, with a release date of 3rd May 2010 priced at Â£19.99.
Packed with extras, Creature from the Pit is one of the few derided episodes from the long reign of Tom Baker as the star of the series, and co-stars Myra Frances as Lady Adrasta and Geoffrey Bayldon as Organon, with David Brierley as K9.
(Click here for a large cover image)
The Doctor and Romana receive a distress signal and arrive on Chloris, a lush and verdant world that has only small quantities of metals, all of which are controlled by its ruler, Lady Adrasta. Without metal to make the tools needed to keep the jungle under control, the plant life dominates. The Lady Adrasta controls the planet’s very last metal mine, holding on to power through the Huntsmen and the Wolfweeds.
After making a forced landing on Chloris, the Doctor, Romana and K9 soon find themselves caught up in dangerous events… The Doctor is captured by the power-hungry Lady Adrasta, who needs his scientific skills. Meanwhile Romana is taken prisoner by rebel bandits, looking for ways of getting their hands on Adrasta’s wealth. Plus K9 is made of metal â€” a valuable commodity indeed…
- Commentary – With actors Lalla Ward and Myra Frances, director Christopher Barry and visual effects designer Mat Irvine.
- Christopher Barry: Directorâ€“ director Christopher Barry, on location in the Wiltshire village of Aldbourne, talks about his career.
- Team Erato – the BBC Visual Effects crew talk about the problems they faced building and operating Erato.
- Animal Magic â€“ shot on the studio set for â€˜The Creature from the Pitâ€™, the fourth Doctor tells viewers of the long-running childrensâ€™ show about some of the creatures he has met on his travels.
- Photo Gallery.
- Coming Soon Trailer.
- Radio Times Listings in Adobe PDF format.
- Programme subtitles.
Released earlier this month, you can get a discount on the Â£19.99 RRP by ordering from Amazon for just Â£12.91!