Den of Geek has kindly collected together known facts about the final David Tennant Doctor Who story The End of Time – and it makes interesting reading…
There’s plenty here to digest, so take your time:
- In The End Of Time, we will meet a new type of Ood. Russell T Davies revealed this in the Q&A after the press screening of The Waters Of Mars. And little else, apparently.
- Check the trailer below to see some of the the returning cast which includes Bernard Cribbins as Wilf, Catherine Tate as Donna and Jacqueline King as Donna’s horrible mum Sylvia.
- Expect to see a lot of Bernard Cribbins the specials.
- As you no doubt know by know, John Simm returns at last as The Master with Alexandra Moen as his wife. The Master will it seems be even more unhinged. Then again, he has been dead.
- The End Of Time also features Jessica Hynes, (Human Nature/Family Of Blood) two-parter. Other returning names include Billie Piper as Rose Tyler, Tommy Knight as Luke Smith, John Barrowman as Captain Jack Harkness (can you see him in the clip above?)and Elisabeth Sladen as Sarah Jane Smith.
- Timothy Dalton has been seen in photos dressed in the style of a Time Lord (Omega?), but so far he has only been heard – as the voiceover on Comic Con release of The End Of Time trailer.
- The first clip of the Christmas episode will be shown as part of the BBC Children In Need transmission this coming Friday, 20th November. The scene is apparently around three minutes long. (Ed’s note – this clip won’t be available on the BBC website)
- Part two is apparently 75 minutes long – as revealed by RTD in Doctor Who Magazine, this makes it the longest single episode since the show returned to our screens.
- The End Of Time is apparently the title of the second of the two Christmas specials. The name of the first episode has yet to be confirmed and we’ll find out what it#s called on Christmas Day; part two is expected to be screened on New Years’ Day.
Appetite whetted yet?