Doctor Who has cleaned up well at both the UK BAFTA Craft awards – recognition for the behind-the-scenes folk in television and cinema – and the Welsh BAFTAs, seen as recognition of behind-the-scenes work in a minor peninsula that gets far more attention than it deserves…
In the CRAFTAs Doctor Who won:
- Best Visual Effects
- Best Editing for Fiction/Entertainment
Meanwhile at the WAFTAs:
- Euros Lynn – Best Director (Silence in the Library)
- Russell T Davies – Best Screenwriter (Midnight)
- Philip Kloss – Best Editor (Midnight)
- Julian Howarth/Paul McFadden/Paul Jeffries/Tim Rickets – Best Sound (Midnight)
Does one have to be Welsh to get a WAFTA?
Commiserations to Torchwood’s Eve Myles, meanwhile, who had hoped to win an award for her long running character in the Welsh drama Belonging, but sadly left empty handed.