Earlier in the month we reported the upcoming monthly series of Doctor Who books from BBC Childrens Books/Penguin Books entitled The Darksmith Legacy…
Time marches on, and with the first installments set for release in January 2009, this interactive cross-media adventure is set to kick off in November. (Pictured is the final version of Justin Richards’ first instalment, The Dust of Ages)
To honour this, there’s a chance for Doctor Who fans to get involved NOW!
On November 6th, The Darksmith Legacy is being launched at an exclusive press event at the Doctor Who Exhibition at Earls Court in London, and Penguin Books’ Spinbreakers site is offering the chance to attend as the Spinebreakers Crew very first Sci Fi Editor!
The competition is open to 13-18 year olds, and features two elements – selling yourself in 50 words to bag the role of Spinebreakers first Sci Fi Editor and revealing what question you would ask the Doctor upon meeting him.
The prizes in full:
- The chance to become the first Sci-Fi Spinebreakers Editor
- A pair of exclusive tickets to the Darksmith Legacy Press Launch event for you and a friend
- Free entry to the Doctor Who Exhibition before it closes
- and a Doctor Who goody bag
What does being the first Sci Fi Spinebreakers Editor actually mean though?
1) Get the exclusive preview to new publishing dimension: The Darksmith Legacy at the press launch at Earls Court.
2) Meet and interview the writers behind the Doctor Who books series.
3) Preview the new Darksmith Legacy books not launched until January 2009.
4) Test out the new Doctor Who website before it is launched.
5) Receive Penguin books throughout the year to review for the Spinebreakers website
Closing date is November 3rd, so hop over to the competition site (www.spinebreakers.co.uk) and get those entries in now!