Well it’s almost here, the beginning of this season’s finale…and DWM is jam packed with content for the forthcoming two-parter…
IT’S THE END OF THE UNIVERSE… IN DOCTOR WHO MAGAZINE 397!
Jack’s back! And he’s taking on the Daleks! Torchwood star John Barrowman talks exclusively to DWM about his return to Doctor Who and on working with actress Elisabeth Sladen – aka the legendary Sarah Jane Smith…
“I’m in love with Lis,” confesses John. “The first time that I met her, a year or so ago, she was coming out of an elevator. I grabbed her and said, ‘I just want to say what an honour it is to meet you. I am so thrilled! Hopefully, we’ll get a chance to work together one day.’ She was very gracious, but after she’d gone I thought, John, you idiot, you’ve embarrassed yourself in front of Sarah Jane Smith!
”When she came on set for these final episodes, there was a point when Davros appeared and I grabbed her hand, and we’re looking at each other as John and Elisabeth, looking and thinking, this is so surreal! We were part of history that day. We all had to take in the moment, because it will probably never happen again. And our final scene together – oh, it was beautiful.”
Is Sarah Jane attracted to Jack?“ I think Jack finds her sexy.” Should he even go there? “There’s one bit where we hint at it,” John replies, cheekily. “There is an element of flirtation there. I wonder if they’ve left it in. If anybody can flirt with Sarah Jane, it’s Captain Jack Harkness!”
ALSO THIS ISSUE:
• Previews of the astonishing final episodes of Series Four – The Stolen Earth andJourney’s End – featuring new and previously unpublished photos!
• Elisabeth Sladen reveals all about her encounters with Davros – and whyJourney’s End could be her last ever meeting with the Doctor…
• Steven Moffat, Doctor Who’s showrunner-in-waiting, speaks candidly about talking over the series… and how to write a Doctor Who story.
• Planet Earth has been moved! But how? And by whom? Find out what happened the first time the Earth was stolen as The Time Team watch the first four parts of the epic 1986 adventure, The Trial of a Time Lord…
• See the Doctor and Donna in dead trouble! The fight against zombies and Sycorax continues in Part Three of the latest, full colour, comic strip adventure,The Widow’s Curse.
• Could you make it as a DWM journalist? The decisions are all yours as you go behind the scenes and talk to the stars as you investigate the filming of Turn Left!
• DWM talks to Lesley Sharp, aka Midnight’s Sky Silvestry, about what makes a scary story, working with Doctors Eccleston and Tennant… and the fun of going bonkers!
• Before i-player, DVDs and videos, the only way to relive an old Doctor Who story was by reading a Target book. DWM takes a nostalgic look back at this fondly remembered series of novels…
• Discover why too much information can be a bad thing – and just what The Doctor’s Daughter has to do with 1978’s Underworld – in You Are Not Alone!
• PLUS… all the latest news, exclusive photos, reviews, previews, competitions… and a FREE, vintage Target Doctor Who book!
DWM 397 is out on Thursday 26 2008, price £3.99.
Get your copy before the universe ends!
With thanks to Tom Spilsbury.