CRIMINAL INTENTIONS IN DOCTOR WHO MAGAZINE 394!
Actress Sarah Lancashire speaks exclusively about playing the villain in Partners in Crime, the mysterious Miss Foster, in the latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine…
“Miss Foster is, essentially, a nanny, a guardian, to some rather unusual children,” explains Sarah. “I see her as a slightly warped Mary Poppins. Sheâ€™s quite austere. Sheâ€™s a strong woman. When I first read the script, I thought, oh, well, of course sheâ€™s a baddieâ€¦ but the more I read it, I thought, no, sheâ€™s doing what sheâ€™s doing for legitimate reasons.” Seriously? “Yes! You canâ€™t blame her at all. Hers is perfectly reasonable behaviour…”
Also this issue:
* Doctor Whoâ€™s executive producers Russell T Davies, Julie Gardner and Phil Collinson answer the most probing of questions as DWMâ€™s readers become the interviewers.
* Previews of the first five episodes of Series Four â€“ Partners in Crime, The Fires of Pompeii, Planet of the Ood and The Sontraran Stratagem/The Poison Sky â€“ featuring new and previously unpublished photos!
* DWM interviews award-winning writer Steven Moffat who breaks his silence about his forthcoming two-parter, Silence in the Library/Riverâ€™s Run.
* Russell T Davies reveals more of Series Fourâ€™s secrets in Production Notes.
* The Fact of Fiction visits a devastated Earth and uncovers the horrific truth behind The Sontaran Experiment.
* Actress Jacqueline King talks exclusively about her role as Donnaâ€™s mum in the new season.
* The Doctor experiences a holiday with a deadly difference in a brand new comic strip, Hotel Historia.
* Neil Harris recalls the great days of video tape in You Are Not Alone.
* Double trouble for the The Time Team as they watch the adventures of The Two Doctors.
* PLUS all the latest news, exclusive photos, reviews, previews, competitions and even more!
Doctor Who Magazine is out on 3 April 2008, price Â£3.99. Itâ€™d be a Crime to miss it!