Published on February 17th, 2005 | by Christian Cawley0
New Series Publicity Information
The following information has been circulated on Doctor Who-related Usenet discussion groups rec.arts.drwho, rec.arts.drwho.moderated and uk.media.tv.sf.drwho. It purports to be from a book wholesalers, and while its validity cannot yet be confirmed, the contents of the document suggest that it is genuine.
The original post can be viewed through Google Groups here – meanwhile, we have reproduced the document below:
* Transmission is confirmed for Saturday 26th March at 7pm on BBC1
* TV marketing have confirmed that the series will definitely get outdoor posters. These will go live from either the 5th or 12th March
* There will be two different TV teaser trails for the series – one focussing on the Doctor, one on Rose – these will air from 5th March
* There will also be radio trails for the series that will begin 1 week before tx and continue until Episode 2
* A press launch is taking place on 8th March in Cardiff with plans for Chris Moyles to broadcast his Radio 1 show from the Dr Who set that day
* Other radio interviews with Chris and Billie are secured with; Steve Wright, Sara Cox and Jonathan Ross
* Christopher Eccleston is also confirmed to do Desert Island Discs
* Radio Times will be publishing an 18-page supplement to celebrate the return of the series
* Arena will be publishing a photo shoot with Billie
* Sunday Times Culture have confirmed a photo shoot with both Billie and Chris
* Dr Who website will be going live with ‘New Dr’ content from 8th March, launching with a ‘Space Monopoly’ game and following up with a Daleks game to be added later in the run of the series
* International sales of the TV series have now been confirmed to; New Zealand, Canada and Australia with the announcement of some European sales expected at Showcase later this month
* Licensing have confirmed that they have issued licences for; radio-controlled daleks, talking Dr Who mugs, sonic screwdrivers and Dr Who clocks that will hit the shops this Autumn
Above are all we as Doctor Who fans need to look out for before, during and after the new series – of particular interest are of course virtual confirmation of the new series launch date and the BBC Radio 2 documentaries, as well as the positive indictaion of overseas sales.
Discuss this development in our forum here.